Páginas

Translate

segunda-feira, 9 de julho de 2012

EYOC 2012 Journal, 1st July: RELAY - THE FACE OF DISAPPOINTMENT

7a.m. time to wake up, eat some things and go.

8.30 a.m. Portuguese team was the first to arriver to the parking lot.

10 a.m. There goes Luis, I hope he can reach with the leading group! Better start warming-up, he doesn't take more then 40minutes!

10.23 a.m. there's Luis! He's running well! Better finish my warm-up and go wait for him!
...
...
...
10.45 a.m. where's Luis? Almost everyone is here... Shit...

10.47 a.m. Is he coming?? Yes, it's him... Well, it's all lost, might aswell do my race...

Entered the woods: oh my god it was all so beautifull. I'm loving this forest! 1, 2, 3, 4 controlled without much problems. Going to control no 5, uops not mine... not my control again... ah now this is mine... Going to 6th and I'm can't find it. Oh wait... I'm in the green area, there's the control. Then, running like a mad man down-hill across the yellows... But... I didn't need to go here... Focus!
Control no7 ok. 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 all okay. Spectator area and now I'm entering the more technical area. Control 15 is fine. Lost too much time looking for 16 and don't know why. Going to 17 and I catch many teams! Bulgaria, Spain, Ucrania... were there! Yes! 18, 19, 20 okay! Going to 22! Full speed!!! Wait........ Wasn't there a 21? GO BACK! 21. Now I'm tired. Must give another kick to finish. 22, 23 and going to the finish! There's Miguel waiting for me but I cannot sprint more! Go Miguel!!
Finished!
What's this on my splits paper? "pm"? Shit, Luis did m.p....
We waisted all our chances.
EYOC just for experience yeah, sure but I wanted a medal and we could do it.



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário