Páginas

Translate

segunda-feira, 9 de julho de 2012

EYOC2012 Conclusions: We are all made of STARDUST

Before going to EYOC I was complaining about not having too much speed on track since recently I did 2'17 on a 800m race. I was afraid my training was over-specializing me on Orienteering and, since I am only 16yo, I was beggining to get afraid that in the future I couldn't run fast when I felt like it.
 However, after EYOC I changed this thoughts. I don't need track nor speed if I want to be a great orienteer. My training didn't make me a good runner nor a good orienteer. If I want to be good in something I need to dig deep and focus on that thing and on what I need to do to achieve my goals.

My goal for next year is just the JWOC2013 that will take place in Czech Republic. I don't want just to go there just to say that I went there. I want to go there to make history. To make history I have to become a true orienteer. Forget about the speed and remember about the strength when I need to climb steep hills or need to break going downhill.

Making history... It's possible, even for a portuguese, just look at João "Mega" Figueiredo that achieved 7th place just yesterday in JWOC sprint. Or today Thor Norskov, first year Junior, achieved a 6th place on the long distance, IMPRESSIVE!

These great examples remind me that we are all capable to achieve the top, since we are all made of the same stuff: STARDUST

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário