Páginas

Translate

segunda-feira, 9 de julho de 2012

EYOC 2012 Journal, 30th June: LONG

I woke up with my stomach much better then the last days. Yes! However, my legs aren't feeling 100%. I guess I lost too much water...

We arrived to the arena and we were given a warming-up map, which was very nice for me to focus. I started to warm-up at 9.50 a.m.

10:42 start time. It seems like have this map on my head! Great! I started with the thoughts that behind me were coming 3 good runners. 
Controlled no1 without any problems. To control no2 I was still entering the map and lost a bit of time, aswell to number 3. Looked over my shoulder: noone's coming. Now, to the path to control no4 and full speed. Oh look! There's the guy from Israel that started 2 minutes in front of me on the end of the path. I lost a bit of direction to go to the other path. Nothing too bad. Found controlled no4.
To control no5 I lost again my direction. Uoops, there is the swiss guy that started 2 minutes behind me... Let's go with him. To controll no 7 we went basically straight but we lost a bit of time on the control area. To control no8 we were caught by the russian guy that started 4mins behind me and 2mins behind the suiss. Damn he runs fast up the hill. I can't keep up the pace. The legs are feeling numb. Lost them to control no9... Now I'm by myself. I'll just try not to lose too much time on technical mistakes.
10, 11, 12, okay. 
I am on the area of control no 13... Where is it?? Map doesn't help. Lift my head, look left: Oh there it is... 
Wait... Who's coming? Oh shit, it's Eduardo Gil, 6minutes behind me... He's passing by me like I'm stopped! 
I'm beggining to have cramps on my legs!!! 
Struggled to control no14 and no15. Trying to run to the spectators control agaisnt my legs will. Run damn it, run! "Water, water!!!" I said to my teammates hoping that would help with my cramps. Nop, not much of a help, but feeling a little better from the rest of my body.
17, 18, 19, 20, the only problem was making my legs move.
21, 22 come ooooon finish finish, ah there it is!
Craaaaaaaaamps, help!!
Time: 69'40''. Wait... Wasn't the predicted winning time 50'-55'? Damn, how is that possible!? I think i couldn't drop the 60' even without technical mistakes!

Waited for Luis... He had the same problem as me! Oh well...

The afternoon was to rest, tomorrow is going to be the relay. I believe we have great chances, however I don't quite understand the order we were given... We work with what we have. And WE are BIG!

(That was what I believed...)





Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário