Páginas

Translate

segunda-feira, 9 de julho de 2012

EYOC 2012 Journal, 29th June: SPRINT a.k.a. BAD-LUCK DAY

8a.m. time to wake up. Fortunately my stomach was better. Nevertheless I tried to eat something soft.


11a.m. time to start my warm-up. Feeling very tired. Oh well, gotta race and give it all.


12:03 start time.
Thoughts:
Atacked the first control with confidence. Yes! Leave the 1st control area, oh look a wall, better go round. *take a look at the map*. Uoops, it's crossable:
Stop, change direction, fall, get up. Bits of glass of the compass start to fall off. Shiiiit. Jump the wall, get to the next control, focus.
Bad route choice to the control no3. Nevermind, run! run!
Remind to check the control description for the numbers, don't miss!
6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 . All controlled without a compass.
Oh wait, the compass is starting to fall off. What shall I do!?
Control 12, now you already know how to go to 13 and 14 Filipe, just go.
Control no13, next is 14. But what should I do with my compass?? Should I keep the remaining pieces? Where?? Shit Filipe you are in a RACE!
Where's the street for no14!? Where's the street for no14!? Where's the street for no14!? Damn it, I was just worried about the compass and forgot that I was running and I don't even knew where to!
Shit, shit, shit, this can't be happening, I'm beggining to feel my stomach aching and I don't even know where I am. Keep running, keep running! (I'm desperating!) Keep running! Damn it, I know I'm out of the map, just turn right and you'll be on the map again! Keep running! I know where I am now! I'm on top of the map near control no12! Go! Go! Control no14 finnaly! Control no15. Shit, bad route choice to control no16 and the tape of the finish is in front of me, gotta go round! Oh well, the race was already lost... Finished. 19'08'' was the time. I lost 5minutes or more on control no14... And arrived at the end whithout a compass and feeling ill. 


Now time, to wait for Luis to start and see what he can do. I wish him the luck that I didn't have.


Luis arrived, "point missing", shit...


We have another chance tomorrow. "Go for gold" is the motto.




Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário